People are constantly looking for ways to improve their health. Choosing the best vegan toothpaste is just one way to achieve this goal, on top of supporting other vegan products.
The best cruelty-free whitening toothpaste protects teeth enamel, fights mouth bacteria, whitens your teeth, and is sensitive to the enamel.
As the world moves towards a healthier lifestyle, omnivores are also searching for suitable vegan toothpaste brands to achieve their aims.
Our Buying Guide evaluates fivevegan whitening toothpaste products to help you on your journey to living a kinder life.
In our best vegan toothpaste FAQs, you also learn more about the healthiest kinds of toothpaste to use, which are vegan, chemical-free, andthe best toothpaste in the world.
After browsing through this guide, you should be knowledgeable enough to make excellent choices for your dental health.
Best Vegan Toothpaste – Reviews & Buying guide for 2021
Best OVERALL: Hello Antiplaque And Whitening Toothpaste
Hello Oral Care is the winner in this Buying Guide because of its vegan properties.
Other reasons why this product impresses are that it contains a range of natural ingredients that freshen breath and leave your mouth feeling clean.
It helps that PETA approves of this bestcruelty-free toothpaste, which is why most vegans love it. Moreover, this is vegan toothpaste without fluoride, so people choose a healthy toothpaste brand.
- Hello is a vegan toothpaste made from tea tree, peppermint, and coconut oil for fresh breath and antibacterial properties.
- This toothpaste is free of SLS and fluoride. Hello, is also free of dyes, parabens, triclosan, and gluten.
- Silica and Cocamidopropyl betaine content helps polish and clean your teeth while the vegetable glycerin moisturizes and soothes your mouth while brushing.
- Contains calcium carbonate for further effective polishing of your teeth.
- Includes xylitol, stevia, and erythritol sweeteners for additional taste.
- This winning toothpaste fights plaque while also being a cruelty-free whitening toothpaste.
- Zinc provides extra control of the existing tartar.
- Titanium dioxide provides mineralization to strengthen teeth enamel.
- Manufactured in the U.S. and recognized by PETA with their Leaping Bunny certification.
- It doesn’t have a frothing property unless you use quite a lot of toothpaste, so you must use more to clean your teeth, according to some customers.
- One customer complains that the toothpaste burns their tongue, causes an increase in mouth sores and teeth sensitivity. Many more customers praise this toothpaste for its positive results.
- Another customer no longer wants to use this toothpaste because they say it doesn’t leave their mouth feeling fresh and clean. However, bad breath does not always emanate from the mouth but can be due to digestive problems.
Runner Up: Hello Naturally Whitening Toothpaste
Hello, is one of the most popular vegan toothpaste brands on the market, catering to a range of vegan preferences.
Some vegans don’t want to altogether leave toothpaste with fluoride out of their lives, which is why Hello also manufacturers a vegan toothpaste with fluoride.
Despite containing fluoride, this product includes a broad selection of natural ingredients and is also a cruelty-free whitening toothpaste.
Customers can count on this naturally whitening brand for a new smile and breath that protects their teeth.
- It contains active sodium monofluorophosphate for teeth enamel protection and tea tree and coconut oil to fight bacteria.
- Contains natural sweeteners such as stevia, xylitol for added flavor.
- Calcium carbonate and hydrated silica make this a vegan whitening toothpaste that actively polishes the teeth, whiletitanium dioxide offers enamel protection.
- Available in a refreshing Farm Grown Mint flavor for fresh breath.
- Free of SLS, triclosan, preservatives, SLS, gluten, artificial sweeteners, dyes, and flavorings.
- PETA certifies and approves this product as a cruelty-free toothpaste.
- There is no mention of using palm oil on the packaging, which is another plus point as the best cruelty-free toothpaste.
- This vegan toothpaste brand uses plastic packaging, unfortunately.
- A few customers state that this brand does not keep their breath fresh for long.
- The toothpaste tube makes it difficult to get the contents out, causing wastage.
Alternative: Schmidt’s Toothpaste With Activated Charcoal
Schmidt’s makes a beautiful vegan whitening toothpaste with activated charcoal to absorb mouth bacteria.
As the first alternative in this Buying Guide, it is one of the vegan toothpaste brands that contain the most natural ingredients to keep your teeth clean and bright.
A careful selection of vitamins further promotes health, which is why this is a top scorer for vegans and omnivores alike.
- Activated charcoal is the primary cleaning and brightening ingredient in Schmidt’s toothpaste.
- Schmidt’s toothpaste is free of fluoride, SLS, SCS, PEG, triclosan, artificial dyes, flavorings, and sweeteners, which adds more value to this best cruelty-free toothpaste.
- Contains a deliciously refreshing minty flavor for fresh breath.
- Whitens with every brushstroke while killing harmful bacteria with natural plant extracts like aloe vera.
- Available in white or black toothpaste.
- Gently abrasive to remove tartar and protect teeth.
- A smooth paste that doesn’t leave an aftertaste in your mouth.
- Keeps breath fresh for longer than ordinary kinds of toothpaste.
- Certified as a natural, cruelty-free whitening toothpaste.
- Beware of ordering products online as some customers report receiving fake toothpaste rather than the real Schmidt’s toothpaste.
- Schmidt’s toothpaste comes at quite a high price.
Alternative: Dr Brite Whitening Toothpaste
Dr. Brite has grown its reputation as a manufacturer of cruelty-free sensitive toothpaste that keeps customers coming back for more.
The fact that this product is one of the vegan toothpaste brands with the most flavors is another attractive attribute.
Customers also appreciate a non-fluoride toothpaste that works as well or better than those containing fluoride.
- Contains activated coconut charcoal as the primary cleaning and whitening ingredient together with organic coconut oil and vitamin C for a blindingly white smile and clean teeth.
- It is available in an extensive selection of natural flavors, including Mint, Berrylicious, Coco Chai, Coconut Mint, and Mint Chip.
- You can safely swallow this cruelty-free sensitive toothpaste as all the ingredients are food quality and edible.
- This Dr. Brite vegan toothpaste brand has committed to be a climate-friendly product.
- Contains no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
- Suitable for adults and children to use.
- Removes tartar and prevents plaque buildup.
- Antibacterial properties disinfect your mouth to keep germs at bay.
- It keeps teeth white and is kind to sensitive teeth enamel.
- The black paste does not stain.
- Additional enamel mineralization with silica and other natural plant ingredients.
- Product packaging is short on ingredient information, but a look at the website offers more detail.
- A change in the formula during or around 2018 or 2019 left some customers disappointed with the flavor change and the addition of what they believe were excessive ingredients for no discernible reason. Fortunately, new knowledge is unearthed to create better quality products as new tests are done on products. Not all customers understand these changes.
Alternative: Rael Himalayan Pink Salt Toothpaste
There is something soothing about brushing your teeth with pink toothpaste. Perhaps it is the color or the thought that it comes from the peaceful Himalayas that makes this vegan whitening toothpaste appealing.
Or maybe it is the idea of brushing pink mineralized salt around your mouth that sounds healthy and refreshing.
Whatever it is, this is an authentic vegan toothpaste brand that is set to continue making an impression on the vegan market. A brief overview of this brand’s pros and cons may persuade you of its value.
- A super-cleaning vegan whitening toothpaste that leaves your mouth feeling refreshed.
- It contains more than 80 minerals to strengthen teeth.
- Possesses natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ingredients.
- Aids in the control of tartar and plaque buildup.
- Fights against cavity development to protect teeth enamel naturally.
- Free of parabens, SLS, phthalate, formaldehyde, aluminum, synthetic flavors, dyes, and colorants.
- Rael manufacturers cruelty-free sensitive toothpaste with natural Himalayan pink salt to protect teeth and gums.
- Available in a delicious mint flavor.
- Does not contain fluoride.
- Suitable for adults.
- The pink salt can dry your mouth and make you thirsty, so be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Some people claim that their mouths don’t feel clean after brushing with this brand.
- Do not consume this toothpaste. The label contains a warning to contact your local poison center if too much is swallowed by mistake.
Best Vegan Toothpaste FAQs
FAQs are a great way to learn while having fun. Our Buying Guide wants to help consumers make the right choices for their health. The idea is to provide an overview of available products in one place to make your job easier.
Answering some essential questions is part of the journey to living your best vegan life, so why not find out about the vegan toothpaste with fluorideor which brands deliver the best whitening power?
Also, it is valuable to know which vegan toothpaste brands contain no chemicals or which is the best vegan toothpaste in the world. Have fun with these FAQs while learning more about the global vegan movement.
What is the healthiest toothpaste to use?
You brush your teeth at least twice a day. Isn’t it a good idea to use cruelty-free whitening toothpaste free of harmful chemicals?
Many branded kinds of toothpaste these days use fluoride, parabens, SLS, sulfates, and many other substances.
These types of toothpaste may clean your teeth and protect your enamel, but what harm are they doing to the rest of your body?
Common sense says that an organic vegan whitening toothpaste is a better option. Examine the list to see which one appeals to you.
- Hello – Nakedpaste Simply Moisturizing Hemp Seed Oil: This toothpaste is eco-friendly and concentrates on a minimalist approach in terms of its ingredients. You need to scoop Nakedpaste out of a jar to brush your teeth, but the ingredient list is organic and is worth the money.
- David’s Natural Toothpaste: Use this minimalistic vegan toothpaste brand for its natural plant ingredient selection and its eco-friendly packaging.
- Rapid Relief Sensitive Mint Natural Toothpaste: Get your cruelty-free sensitive toothpaste from Tom’s of Maine. When your teeth are sensitive to hot and cold foods and beverages, this natural product delivers rapid relief.
- Purely White Toothpaste: Burt’s Bees is an all-around winner because it doesn’t contain any nasty chemicals. You can also purchase this cruelty-free toothpaste just about anywhere.
- Fluoride-Free Antiplaque and Whitening Toothpaste: Hello Oral Care manufacturers a good selection of the best vegan toothpaste. Your teeth and gums will love the refreshing aftermath of brushing with this product.
- Coconut Toothpaste: Kopari brings you their hydroxyapatite mineralized coconut oil toothpaste with natural fluoride for strengthening and whitening.
- Peppermint All-One Toothpaste: Dr. Bronner’s is a proper winning vegan toothpaste because it has at least 70% organic ingredients. This vegan toothpaste brand also doesn’t have fluoride, artificial foaming properties, flavors, dyes, or sweeteners.
- Ela Mint Toothpaste: Boka is transparent about the ingredients in their toothpaste. Enjoy the refreshingly clean fragrance of organic ingredients that clean, protect, and freshen your mouth after each brushing.
- Triple Action Gel Toothpaste: IHERB is another excellent option when you want a cruelty-free toothpaste that works. If you don’t mind a liquid toothpaste that is as natural as possible, this may be the right one for you.
- Essentials Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste: Lumineux makes this cruelty-free sensitive toothpaste with soothing aloe juice. Other desirable ingredients in this brand are the Dead Sea minerals for extra protection of teeth enamel and antibacterial functionality.
- Salt Toothpaste: Weleda has been around long enough to know what they’re doing regarding organic vegan toothpaste. This salty paste is natural and promotes salivation, enhancing its natural cleansing properties.
- Healthy Mouth Anti-Cavity & Tartar Control Toothpaste: Even though this vegan toothpaste contains fluoride, JASON ensures that it includes no unnatural chemicals such as parabens and phthalates. You can achieve a healthy smile with this paste, which discourages canker sores from developing. If sores do develop, this toothpaste will reduce their duration in your mouth.
You can select any one of these best cruelty-free toothpaste brands for a whiter, healthier smile. Whether you prefer vegan toothpaste with or without fluoride is up to you.
The most beneficial kinds of toothpaste are probably those containing mostly salt and no fluoride, though.
Which toothpastes are vegan?
Unsurprisingly, there are more vegan toothpaste brands now than ever before. As the vegan philosophy grows, so does the demand for the best cruelty-free toothpaste products.
All the brands discussed in this Buying Guide are either pure vegan or against cruelty to animals. The list lengthens the more you search for vegan kinds of toothpaste, and so does this one.
The following list of toothpaste products is both vegan and anti-cruelty. Some contain fluoride; some contain more chemicals than others–but all are vegan.
Try more than one to arrive at the best cruelty-free toothpaste for you and your family.
- Desert Essence Toothpaste
- Himalaya Complete Care Toothpaste
- Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste
- Davids Natural Toothpaste
- Dr. Bronner’s All-One Toothpaste
- Naked Company
- JASON Anti-Cavity with Fluoride Toothpaste
- Kiss My Face Fluoride Toothpaste
- Green Beaver Sensitive Teeth Natural Toothpaste
- Hello Activated Vegan Charcoal Toothpaste
- Tom of Maine Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
- Tom of Maine Best Baking Soda Toothpaste
- Radius USDA Organic Gel Toothpaste
- Green People 100% Natural Toothpaste
- Georganics Natural Mineral Toothpaste
- Nelson Naturals
- Dr. Bronner All-One Toothpaste
- Green People
- Scent Cerae Tooth Nibs
- Dirty Hippie Tooth Powder
- My Magic Mud
- The Dirt Tooth Powder
- Green Beaver
- Denttabs Toothbrush Tablets
- Etee Chew Paste
- Battle Green Tooth Powder
- Butter Me Up Toothpastes
- Tom’s Prebiotic Toothpaste
- Weleda Plant-Rich Toothpaste
With more research, the list continues to grow. These days, anti-cruelty and vegan toothpaste brands are primarily synonymous, with many brands being certified by PETA and other vegan organizations.
You can now find the best cruelty-free whitening toothpaste, choose a salt-based product like the Himalayan Pink Salt, or select baking soda brands.
You can even get teeth cleaning pastes, powders, gels, chew paste, or tablets to extend your choices.
As veganism grows, others realize the benefits of anti-cruelty brands and support vegan toothpaste because they are much healthier. Now you can take health to the next level by selecting a cruelty-free vegan toothpaste without chemicals.
What is the best chemical-free toothpaste?
Vegan toothpaste brands are excellent, but why stop your search there? You have even better choices if you go for those free of chemicals.
Not everyone enjoys vegan or anti-cruelty toothpaste brands, as is evident from the ‘Cons.’
Some people don’t like that some vegan toothpaste doesn’t foam. Others complain that the ingredients burn their mouths.
The list of ‘Pros’ is much longer than any of the disadvantages but going for a chemical-free brand is healthier than some vegan toothpaste brands.
Best of all, many chemical-free kinds of toothpaste are also vegan. Check the list to see for yourself.
- Hello Sensitivity Relief Fluoride Toothpaste is free of chemicals but contains a small amount of fluoride to protect your teeth against cavity development. As much as fluoride is unhealthy, it can save your teeth from decay. This brand also contains natural plant ingredients to support remineralization and soothe your gums.
- Smile Natural Products Mint + Charcoal Toothpaste is really a tub of paste in a recyclable metal container. All the ingredients are plant-based and natural, and this product is cruelty-free toothpaste.
- Spotlight Oral Care Toothpaste for Rebuilding Teeth not only supports dental health, but all the packaging is biodegradable. Either throw the packaging away to decompose without harm or repurpose it. This is a chemical-free vegan toothpaste brand that will benefit any health regime.
- Hello Oral Care Fluoride-Free Antiplaque & Whitening Toothpaste is a natural, cruelty-free whitening toothpaste you can use with confidence.
- Native Charcoal With Mint Fluoride Toothpaste is another ‘go-to’ brand with fluoride and other healthy dental ingredients. This is a natural saliva-stimulating product that promotes a healthy pH in your mouth to add to dental protection. This natural toothpaste doesn’t contain sulfates, which makes it a desirable, chemical-free paste that is good for your teeth and body.
- SprinJene Natural Cavity Protection Toothpaste with Fluoride is a certified USDA BioPreferred vegan toothpaste brand. Enjoy nature’s cornucopia of ingredients without harmful chemicals.
- Public Goods toothpaste is an eco-friendly brand that favors nature over commerce. The packaging is as simple as the formula, which is effective and protective despite being devoid of nasty chemicals.
- Bite Toothpaste Bits Fresh Mint comes in a recyclable or refillable glass jar. Although this product is not strictly a toothpaste but is in tablet form, it is no less natural or effective at protecting your teeth and gums.
- Ivyees Honey & Peppermint Toothpaste is yet another vegan whitening toothpaste without fluoride. Natural plant ingredients do just as well with controlling tartar, plaque, and stains as botanicals.
Out of all these chemical-free products, the best is those without fluoride. If you cannot live without this component, select a natural vegan toothpaste with fluoride.
Which is the best toothpaste in the world?
According to The Strategist, the best toothpaste is Cali White Activated Charcoal and Organic Coconut Oil Teeth Whitening Toothpaste.
This product’s popularity is that more than 20,000 people have left positive five-star reviews about this brand on Amazon.
Customers confirm the power of this vegan whitening toothpaste which rapidly removes stains. Customers also applaud the fresh breath experience, the taste, and an entirely organic product.
Cali White’s Charcoal toothpaste is also devoid of SLS, fluoride, triclosan, and peroxide.
This toothpaste is safe for vegans and kids and is a famous brand, even if Colgate products are more popular than non-traditional toothpaste brands.
We hope that our Buying Guide gives you direction about the best vegan toothpaste brands that are cruelty-free, whitening, and support sensitive teeth.
Chemical-free brands are preferable for health reasons, but not everyone likes the flavors, scents, textures, or frothing properties of all-vegan toothpaste brands.
Ultimately, you get to choose a toothpaste brand that fits your lifestyle and tastebuds while taking care of your dental health.